Hi Team,
I want automation to create a new ticket in different project where the transactions moved from one status to another status and need to copy the comments as well.
Hello @N Sreenivasulu Reddy
Have you tried to construct this rule? Have you reviewed the available documentation?
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-cloud-automation/
And free training?
https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?search=Jira+automation
Show us what you have so far. Tell us what part you're struggling with.
HI @Trudy P Claspill ,
Thanks for the response I tried the automation rule working fine and ticket is creating but comments is not capturing.
Thanks,
Sreenivasulu N
There are posts about copying comments from one issue to another.
Here is one about doing so when you have cloned an issue.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-copy-comments-from-the-original-issue-to-the-cloned-issue-1236601599.html
Hi @Trudy P Claspill ,
Appreciate your answer,
The above automation rule is expected to be created within the project that contains the cloned issue,
and currently I am looking for in different project new ticket should be create copying old ticket data like summery, description, issue comments.
Please advise me if I am missed anything here.
Hi @N Sreenivasulu Reddy
To automate the creation of a ticket in a different Jira project, including copying comments, our app Deep Clone for Jira can be an excellent solution. Deep Clone allows you to clone issues across projects while retaining comments, attachments, and other data.
You can read more on how to trigger Deep Clone via Jira Automations here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.