Hello Atlassian Community,
I’m encountering an issue with setting up an automation rule in Jira to collect and comment on Bitbucket pull requests (PRs) associated with a Jira story. Despite following the recommended steps, the automation isn’t functioning as expected. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or solutions you can provide.
Current Setup:
I have admin access to the Jira project and the relevant Bitbucket repositories. I aim to create an automation rule in Jira that:
1.Triggers manually.
2.Collects all Bitbucket PRs linked to that story.
3.Posts a comment on the Jira story listing these PRs.
Automation Rule Configuration:
•Trigger: Issue Updated
•Condition: Issue Type equals Story
•Action: Add Comment
Trying to print {{issue.development}} on a story that has 3 pull requests linked to it, produced this log in the audit log:
Development Data: {pullrequest={dataType=pullrequest, state=OPEN, stateCount=3}, json={"cachedValue":{"errors":[],"summary":{"pullrequest":{"overall":{"count":3,"lastUpdated":"2024-12-19T10:49:59.434-0500","stateCount":3,"state":"OPEN","dataType":"pullrequest","open":true},"byInstanceType":{"bitbucket":{"count":3,"name":"Bitbucket Cloud"}}}}},"isStale":false}}
Questions:
- Automation Limitations: Are there any known limitations or permissions issues that might prevent Jira automation from accessing the issue.development data?
- Smart Value Access: Is {{issue.development.pullrequest}} the correct smart value path to access linked Bitbucket PRs in Jira Cloud? If not, what is the accurate path?
- Alternative Approaches: If smart values aren’t sufficient, are there alternative methods or plugins recommended for achieving this PR listing functionality?
What I’ve Tried So Far:
- Verified that PRs are correctly linked and visible in the Development panel.
- Updated smart values based on logged output.
- Ensured consistent PR naming with Jira issue keys.
Thank you in advance for your assistance!