Hello,
I am trying to make a drop down that when populated with a specific value, will then add that specific value to the Summary field
@Harry Calder-Ledgard
Welcome to the community. To supplement what @Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_ suggested, you need to use "Issue Created" triggering event, and then change the Summary field value.
Of course you can setup if/else if conditional check for your specific dropdown field value, and then conduct your Edit Issue action.
This is typically, how I would setup the automation rule to have the issue summary setup at the beginning when the issue is created because I don't want to change it while the issue is being processed by agent.
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Hi @Harry Calder-Ledgard
Welcome to the community!
You can accomplish this with automation and "Field value change" as the trigger.
Here is an example:
Best regards
Sam
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.