Hello all,
I'm set as the "Project Admin" for a team-managed project in our JIRA instance. The project is set up as a "work management" style project, not a software/agile project. Any idea why I'm unable to add new categories to the project (as shown here)? Thank you for a point in the right direction.
Hello Rob,In Jira, project categories are typically managed at the global level by Jira administrators, not project administrators. This means that for team-managed projects, a project admin cannot directly set or change the project category. Only a Jira admin has the permissions to create, assign, or delete project categories
Hi @Rob Terakedis
For Jira Work Management (JWM) projects, I believe that type of Category may only be added when on the List view. On which view are you trying to add a Category?
Perhaps add a screen image for context also. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
You add the values directly into the field on an existing issue, as recommended here:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/Unable-to-edit-category-when-configuring-issue-fields/qaq-p/2547455
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.