I'm trying to search by a field that I don't believe is a standard Jira field. Is that why it won't fill that field when making a JQL query?
Is there a way to search for a non-standard field, a custom field we've added?
@Dave Foster
All fields in our system (even custom fields) should all be usable in your JQL's. Depending on the field type the syntax might be a little different.
You can always first try and find the field with the Basic function in Search and then when you switch to JQL it should show you how the syntax is for that field although the type ahead should also provide you with the field when typing your JQL.
The field doesn't show up in the basic search either. I only see it after I run a query and then export 'All Fields' to a CSV.
Can you share what type of field it is?
Also, are you not able to query on the field or does it not show up in the results? Cause that would be 2 different things!
The field is "inward issue link (Related)" that is a separate Jira Issue Key. We have Jira stories for incoming Production Support issues, if we determine there's a bug in the software, we create a separate Jira story for the bug and associate it (custom field), inward issue link (Related), with the Production Support Jira story.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.