I want to use automation to calculate Target Start and Target End dates of Stories based on the Target Start and Target End date in the Epic. The dates in the stories need to use the estimated effort. For example, I create a Design story and update a custom field (HLE) with the estimated hours for the design. My challenge is trying to automatically update any additional Design stories created by the analyst. If the design needs to be split across sprints, the analyst creates the additional stories. Each design story will have the same Target dates so either the Target dates or the HLE value need to be copied.
How can I automatically update the Target dates or the HLE value hours for any subsequent design stories?
I have automation to create the subsequent Design stories (saves time and ensures all required fields are populated). I tried creating a variable to save the HLE from the existing story - that works. But the HLE in the new story is not getting updated. The Comment is being added.


