I'm supporting my org moving from Jira Data Center to Jira Cloud. (and yes, we have a vendor migration partner).
I've compared the permissions managed by Permission Schemes, and there are differences between Data Center and Cloud. I have questions...
- The "Browse Project Archive" permission is not in Cloud. How is that managed?
- The "Edit Sprints" permission is not in Cloud. Does the existing "Manage Sprints" permission now include this?
- "Start/Complete Sprints" permission is not in Cloud, but it seems to be covered by "Manage Sprints" as documented here.
- The "Log Work for Others" permission is not in Cloud. Does the existing "Edit All Worklogs" permission now cover that? *
- The "View All Worklogs" permission is not in Cloud. How is that managed? *
- The "Impersonate users in A4J project scope" permission is not in Cloud. Seems like this is allowed for Jira Automation rules in the Cloud by default now (based on this documentation) - yes?
The two marked with * might relate to the Tempo Timesheets and/or Planning apps that we had in our Jira Data Center. Since we're not retaining those in the cloud, maybe those are moot?
We have a custom Permission Scheme we use for all projects, and I want to ensure we recreate that faithfully in Jira Cloud. Understanding the differences outlined above will help in that quest. Thanks!