Hi Atlassian,
I want to use an internal Jira form to trigger certain actions using automation without adding a bunch of custom fields to the request type.
Current Scenario:
A request is submitted via the portal
A person reviews the ticket internally to prioritize and sets the priority field manually
When it comes to step 2 I want to use a Form to select radio buttons for Effort, Impact, and Deadline and based on the selected values automatically give the ticket a priority value from a drop-down list.
E.g. if Effort is High, Impact is High and Deadline is long set the CAP Matrix field to A2.

I know how I could do it if each Form field would be linked to a Jira field, but I don't want to add several Jira fields to each request type and was hoping to accomplish this using the selected values in the submitted form fields instead.
- Can this be accomplished without linking the form fields to jira fields that are added to the request type?
- If no, can I use jira fields without adding them (making them visible) on the request types issue view?
This example is for a quite short form but we want to use the same logic for forms that are longer.
I tried to create an automation using smart values based on the key set in the form field, but I'm not sure if this is the correct approach.
