Hi, community.
I’m currently facing an issue in my Jira Service Management (Cloud) project related to corrupted attachments in tickets submitted via email. Here’s the situation:
Context:
- Users submit tickets to my project via email.
- One of these tickets was created with a corrupted attachment in the Description field.
- During a workflow transition, the Description field is automatically copied to a Paragraph type field to preserve the information.
Problem:
When the attachment is corrupted, trying to execute the transition triggers the following error:
"System Internal Error", and I cannot proceed with the ticket management.
- If I delete the attachment or if the file is valid, the transition works as expected.
What I’ve investigated so far:
- I replicated the issue by creating tickets with corrupted attachments and confirmed this is the cause.
- I checked that the workflow transition doesn’t have additional validators that could block the process.
- I understand that, being on Jira Cloud, I don’t have direct access to system logs.
Questions:
- Is there a way to handle cases like this (corrupted attachments) in Jira Cloud to avoid the error?
- Does anyone know if Jira has specific restrictions for processing damaged files in this context?
Any suggestions or experiences would be greatly appreciated. 😊
Thanks in advance!