Hi! I've been asked to add the parent field in a request type, since a team that works on a Jira Software projects need to add this data to the ticket when they create one in Jira Service Management.
I know is not possible, I use as reference this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-you-add-the-Parent-field-to-the-request-form-view-in-a/qaq-p/2616544
And when I've tried to add Parent field to the request type, the field is hidden.
I wanted to know if any of you have a workaround or used a tool that helped with that.
Thanks!
Hi @Sofia Grunspan. I've been reviewing what was proposed in the other Community ticket. Is it feasible to propose a field in the form with which I can, through an automation rule, assign the parent? Would this mean any limitation for you based on your process logic?
@Sofia Grunspan -
What is your exact logic for wanting to add Parent field against JSM issues after it is created to JSW issue?
It is my experience that parent field is used exclusively for JSW issues and not for JSM issues. Yes, I agreed with @Mariano Tallarico _Appricity_ statement of using automation rules setup, however why is your reasoning details for the needs.
Please advise, so we can better assist you.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.