I need help setting up a Jira automation rule. Could you please provide step-by-step instructions to achieve the following?
When I create an Epic, I want it to automatically generate Stories and their associated Subtasks. For now, I’m fine with a manual trigger, but eventually, I’d like to fully automate the process so that the following actions occur upon Epic creation:
On Epic creation, the automation should create:
- Story 1: Summary: Do this
- Subtask 1: Update this document
- Subtask 2: Update that document
- Story 2: Summary: Do that
- Subtask 1: Update this form
- Subtask 2: Update that form
- Story 3: Summary: Conclude
- Subtask 1: Update this survey
- Subtask 2: Update that survey
There are a total of 15 Stories, each with their own specific set of Subtasks. It is crucial that the Subtasks are created in the exact order I’ve outlined.
Could you please guide me on how to set up a Jira automation rule to accomplish this?