Hi everyone,
I'm encountering a problem in Jira where I cannot link epics from one project to issues in another project. Below are the details:
Context:
- I have two Jira projects:
- Project Planning: This project contains the epic
EUYI-11. - Backend: This is where I’m trying to link issues to the epic
EUYI-11 from the first project.
Problem:
- While creating an issue in the Backend project, the Parent or Epic Link field does not display epics from the Project Planning project.
- Even if I manually search for
EUYI-11, the result shows "No matches found". - The
Epic Link field is locked and cannot be edited in Custom Field Setting page.
Attempts to Resolve:
- I verified that the Epic Link field is present in the screen configuration for the issue type in both projects.
- Permissions were checked, and I have adequate access to both projects.
- Both projects are using the same Issue Type Scheme and workflow.
Questions:
- Is it possible to link epics from one project to issues in another project in Jira? If yes, what configuration or permission might I be missing?
- Has there been a recent Jira update that changed how epics work across projects?
- Are there alternative ways to establish a relationship between issues and epics from different projects?
Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!