I have a page in Confluence that heavily uses the expand macro, but now we want to remove these macros while keeping the content intact. The issue is that when I try to copy and paste the content from the expand macro, the process becomes tedious and unreliable. Here's what's happening:
- Selecting issues: When I try to select a section of content within an expand macro, it often doesn't highlight all of the content I attempt to select. This makes copying partial or full sections difficult.
- Pasting issues: Even when I manage to partially highlight the content, copying and pasting outside of the macro still includes a macro with the content. I'm unable to paste just the content without the macro.
- Tedious process: Even if the above issues didn't occur and I were able to copy and paste the content as intended, it would still be incredibly time-consuming to go through every section, copy the content, and delete each expand macro manually.
What I'm looking for is a way to remove all the expand macros from the page while keeping their content intact, ideally in a quicker, more efficient way. Is there a better approach for handling this?