Hi,
We've got a question if it is possible to assign issues based on story points on issues that are assigned to different team members? Basically, we're looking at balanced workload assigning, just for Story Points.
I know that natively this isn't yet supported, but I was just wondering if anyone managed to design a process/workaround for that.
An example would be:
- STORY-1: 10 Story Points; assigned to User 1
- STORY-2: 8 Story Points; assigned to User 2
- STORY-3: 11 Story Points; assigned to User 3
- STORY-4: 5 Story Points; assigned to User 2
I would need to find a user who has the least amount of story points currently assigned and assign the created issue to them. In the case above, that would be User 1 (as User 2 has 2 tasks that in sum have 13 Story Points).
Of course, we are looking only at issues that are in statusCategory != Done or unresolved.
I was thinking of maybe using user properties (entity) or creating separate 'placeholder' tasks within the project, where each task would be assigned to a particular team member and contain the sum of all assigned story points. Then, once a new issue is created, automation would go through all of those user-specific tasks and somehow find the minimum value and assign the newly created issue to the assignee of the task with the minimum value.
*Note: I am just thinking out loud here and I'm open to any ideas or examples you might have.
*Note#2: I know this might not be a best practice when talking about agile methodologies but I would still like to see if it's possible or not.
Cheers,
Tom