I am trying to use automation to set the asset object field by using JSON additional field.
I saw a similar question posted:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Can-you-set-multiple-objects-through-Jira-automation-for-an/qaq-p/2494648
@Tom Brown:
It doesn't work when you try to use JSON and Advanced field editing. For me it worked, when I edited the custom object type field and set value as:
Someone answered it wont work if using additional field.
However, in my use case, I would have same field name for that asset object field, which means I must use JSON additional field.
Is it a bug or technial limitation that we cannot use additional field to set the asset object field?
---
We tried two cases but both failed:
1. Using lookupObjects

Then, we use edit issue in the automation with:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10425": [{{lookupObjects}}]
}
}The audit logs shows us the json field is not valid.

Then we tried to transform the data to be a valid json format as:
{"key": "xxxx"}by using {{#lookupObjects}}{"key": "{{Key}}"}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}
2. Using tranformed lookupObjects

Then, we use edit issue in the automation with:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10425": [{{#lookupObjects}}{"key": "{{Key}}"}{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}}]
}
}
The audit log and the automation run is success; However, the field didnt have a value we have passed.

So, is there any successful case that set an Asset Object field using the Additional Field (JSON) from Edit Issue in the Automation?