Hello, my fellow community members,
I am running into a regex issue when trying to parse some information from an email - description of the ticket. I have tried a few things but keep getting errors. I was wondering if anyone has an idea on what to do for this:
The data I am trying to parse: This is how it appears when I do {{issue.description}} as I need to see how the data presents as it shows as a weird format from the email it comes from.
*First Name:* Bryan
All I want to do is update the custom field (First Name) with the text string that comes after *First Name:* (there is a space in between *
.
I am unable to get it to update the field or even generate anything in the log as it errors out. Here is my current regex for the edit field action:
{{issue.description.match\*First Name:\*\s+(.*)}}
Once this is resolved I will need to do the same thing for Email and phone number as well.