We need to find all tickets (several thousand in the project) that have the same value in a text custom field (an Engagement ID), then link them together. My findings is it is not possible to identify the matching tickets, grouped together, in a filter so an automation is required, thus I added the linking of the tickets to the automation.
I think I am very close, but I am getting an error that one of the fields does not exist or I do not have permission to view. I am the Administrator and can definitely view it. Also, when it references the field in the error, it lists the value in the field not the field name itself.
Here is my automation:
When rule is triggered: (selected multiple issue events) Issue Creation or Issue Update
If: Engage ID (field name) is not empty
Branch rule/related issues
Type of related issues: JQL
JQL: project = Test AND {{issue.customfield_10161}} ~ {{issue.customfield_10161}}
Will select "Only issue that have changed since last time this rule executed" after first successful run and linking
Then add value to Audit Log: Tickets from JQL are {{issue.key}}
Then: And Link issues - relates to Trigger Issue
I am unable to put the screen shot here.