Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to search assets using some query and exporting it to Excel.
It seems like there is no such option using GUI in Cloud version. Only thing I found is that I can run AQL on specific asset object types, but I need to run query on all of them like in case of looking for all assets that are in country/location X & Y.
It seems that only option is to use API.
Using the object API : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/assets/rest/api-group-object/#api-object-aql-post I can get the results I want, but what I get is in very non-friendly format. It's objects in objects with attributes.
I tried to export the result in JSON from powershell (where I run the API call) and then import it to Excel, but it needs many column expansions and in the end it's a mess and on top of that the attributes that I certainly do need in the final excel are linked to assets on multiple lines so I end up having LAPTOP1 in 10 rows, each row having 1 attribute for that asset... someone can probably do some magic and transform/clean this up, but.... there has to be some simple way to do a basic query like: "Location = Prague" and get all the assets (laptops, workstations, switches, etc..) that have their location set to Prague.
Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure I'm just missing something and the answer is not "you have to be power query wizard to get this in Excel in proper format of objects and corresponding attributes"