As the title says, how do I change the full name? I asked the Jira cloud admin in our instance to change it. Even they are not able to edit it. Is there some settings that we not aware of in Jira Cloud?
Hi Anu - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
First, you need to realize that a Jira account can be used across multiple Atlassian instances. And as such, you will not be able to make a change to the name in your instance as it would affect any other instances for which the Account has access.
Having said that, if you have your Jira connected to an IAM tool like Okta, Atlassian Guard, Active Directory, etc. you can change the name in the host for the user and it will be reflected in Jira.
Hi @Anu Edirisuriya ,
Welcome to the community !!
Unfortunately, this is what the user sees and can't make the changes to the name
Seems your domain is verified and accounts are managed.
Only Administrators can change users' full name if the domain is verified, otherwise, the users need to go to https://id.atlassian.com/ and login with their accounts to change their full names.
Jira admins can follow below steps to modify the details.
Go to admin.atlassian.com. Select your organization if you have more than one.
Select Directory > Managed accounts.
Select a user to open the managed accounts page.
More details in https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/make-changes-to-a-managed-user-account/
Hi @Rilwan Ahmed
Thanks for the quick reply and guiding in the right direction. Atlassian sometimes can be very confusing to new users
We were able to change the names of the users with this method.
We sync users from Google and initially we had not enabled full sync, therefore we had to manually change the full name of those users after inviting them to Atlassian.
Eventually we came to know this and enabled full sync and now user's full name are in sync with Google and no need to manually edit them.
Awesome - glad it is working!
@Rilwan Ahmed or anyone else.
We use Atlassian cloud for multiple apps.
I am global admin and when I look at admin.atlassian.com Directory - Users and select a user and go to View full profile, it says External user: This account isn't managed by your organisation. Details managed by the user.
When I go to https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility it says Full name: Full name is set by your admin.
Our domain is not verified.
Do I need to verify our domain to change a users name?
Hi @Simon Gilmore,
As this link suggests, you need to verify the domain.
https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/who-are-external-users/
@Simon Gilmore - Please do not post on all posts that are already closed. Please open a new question so we can help you with your exact needs and scenario.
@John Funk didn't see the notice it was closed and was able to comment so assumed it wasn't. Figured it would be helpful to keep conversations about the same issue in the same thread so that someone who had the same problem as me and found this thread would get the answer I got!
Hello guys. I need to change my full name in JIRAHow should I proceed? The system told me that I need to contact my administrator, but I have no ideia who is it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.