How to make automation so that when I change the status to review automatically subtasks are created all users who are in reviewers (multiuser field) field
HI @Martin Vali
Can you show the configuration of the automation rule you already created to fulfil this request and show the audit log in case of errors.
The will help community members in your way of thinking and getting to a solution.
It will also help you to understand the solution provided (if possible), to understand the concept of the solution.
@Marc -Devoteam-
I want to add myself as a watcher to those made subtasks, but don't seeme to find a way
More help needed
How to set due date so that it takes change of transition from Draft top In Review date +5 days
Hi @Martin Vali
For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected. Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas. Thanks!
Until we see those...
Your rule could use advanced branching to loop over the multiple-select user custom field to add the sub-tasks:
Please note well: there are several cases to handle for a scenario like this, perhaps requiring more rule complexity or additional rules. So consider which you want to handle:
Kind regards,Bill
This is where i do not know how to continue
Please see the article I linked to for advanced branching; your rule should use that to iterate over the users in the field rather than use For Current Issue.
I understand that, that was created by AI.
I have spent now hours looking through the pages and youtube videos but I have not understood that logic just yet. You can call me slow learner.
I don't have much more time to spend on that, so I ask help again and hope you have understanding enough to help me out
As I have understand the logic is as follows:
1. I have to look how many users are in the field "reviewers"
2. Create as many subtasks as was the count of reviewers
3. Assign each subtask to unique reviewer
I don not yet know which branching to choose @Marc -Devoteam- can you help me out if @Bill Sheboy is busy
What if you (based on the last screenshot) set the branch on "All created issues"
Greetings!
Branches cannot be nested (to add the watcher to the created subtask), and...
Because branches execute in parallel and asynchronously, the watcher cannot be added with a final branch in the rule to do so.
There are two possible solutions:
@Bill Sheboy thanks - well the 1st option is little hard for me to dig in currently - the second is ok
{{now.plusDays(5)}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.