Hi,
I think my issue is related to this old one:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Added-a-Status-and-it-now-shows-up-in-many-workflows-that-it-was/qaq-p/1199124
What happened:
- One of the admins created a new workflow
- On that new workflow he created a new - in progress - status (in the workflow edit page), called "Approved"
- All other active workflows changed one - todo - status (which was called Ready) to this new one.
- The changed, active workflow still showed that the last change was 3 months ago by me
I managed to reproduce the issue when I wanted to fix the workflow:
- I opened the active workflow which I wanted to fix.
- Since, it didn't allow to change the Approved status to something else, i thought I create a new status, called Ready and just link all the transitions to this
- When I started to type the name REA I pressed tab to autocomplete from the suggested status, but it didn't work as I intended and instead, I created a new status, called REA
- When I checked the workflows, I saw that all Approved status got renamed to REA and the status type also changed from "in progress" to "to do"
- When I went to the issues->statuses page, there were no Ready status at all.
Why???
I managed to fix this issue by renaming the REA to Ready, but when someone do anything in a new, inactive workflow, then it will mess up all other workflows. Which is just not logical. I don't even understand the purpose of this bug, really. Especially, when it's not allowing me to remove any statuses from an active workflow and I can just rename the name of them. Or add a new status, which messes with ALL the workflows.
I don't want to mess with our flows anymore, I'm happy it is back to normal (hopefully), but with the above steps I'm sure you can reproduce the issue.
Br,
Natalia