I got this solution from Atlassian knowledge base and have implemented it but somehow it is not working for me.
Mine is a company managed project, I have edited the workflow for the project and added the condition in the workflow that Do not allow transition of user story if sub tasks are open. Refer :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-prevent-issues-from-being-closed-while-the-sub-tasks-are-still-open-in-jira-724928276.html
I have followed the steps mentioned in the document above but its not working as expected. Any suggestions are welcome.
hi @Shivani Mohan
Was the workflow published after it was edited?
Hi @Shivani Mohan
Welcome to the community
As suggested by Neil, could you please check if the workflow was published as this should work
Also in case you would like to try automation
When all sub-tasks are done → move parent to done
When all child issues are completed → then close parent
Thank you,
Prachi
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.