I searched some forums and folks having similar issues but not seeing my issues exactly. I am trying to put a work around in place to compensate for shortcoming in Tempo Timesheet tracking where we cannot get the value of the Original Estimate in the JIRA issue in our Tempo Reports. But, we can get any custom field added to the Tempo Reports. So I figured I can create a "mirror" field custom field to mirror whatever value is added to the Original Estimate jira field.
My use case: Update custom field "Original Estiamte (copy)" when "Original Esimate" (jira issue field) changes, with the value entered in the "Original Estimate" (jira issue field).
I am trying to use the workaround noted here to start ( since it seems you cannot trigger off a value being added to the "Original Estimate" field.
But I dont see any "smartvalue" available for "Original Estimate" either. There is Remaining Estimate, but I don't want that value copied over to my mirror field every time it updates.
Anyone have any ideas?