How do I restrict creation of components by project members?
Hi and Welcome!
This project member most likely also has the Administer Project permissions via their project roles (see project roles and permissions):https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-roles/
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/create-project-components/
Hope this helps!
Hi @Pranshu Verma
Any user with ADministrer project permission can create components.
Please check this community post on how to fix that:
Restrict ability to create components to only certain users
by checking project > project settings > permission > Administer projects. That permission should only be for the project admin.
REgards
Aaron
Hey Jeroen, thanks for your response. I am trying to restrict creation of component by project members and I have changed the Administer Project to Single User (myself). I am still able to create components while creating a new issue while logged in from Project Member account.
Hey Aaron, thanks for your response. I am trying to restrict creation of component by project members and I have changed the Administer Project to Single User (myself). I am still able to create components while creating a new issue while logged in from Project Member account.
Hi,
From the documentation:
Components are sub-sections of a project. They group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component, which will override the project's default assignee for issues with that component. You must have the project-specific Administer projects permission or the Jira administrator global permission to: Add components — create a new component against which issues can be aligned Select a default assignee — choose who is automatically assigned to issues with a particular component Edit — change the details of a component Delete — remove a component
Components are sub-sections of a project. They group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component, which will override the project's default assignee for issues with that component.
You must have the project-specific Administer projects permission or the Jira administrator global permission to:
Add components — create a new component against which issues can be aligned
Select a default assignee — choose who is automatically assigned to issues with a particular component
Edit — change the details of a component
Delete — remove a component
So, you might be doing something wrong still with the permissions.
Unless you mean that you want to restrict that members can add a component to a ticket?
Hey Jeroen,Thank you for the information. I was able to achieve the desired outcome using the articles and information shared.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.