Jira Structure - I am looking to create a formula for a new column where I would be looking for:
- If epic name contains XYZ then display X
OR if epic name contains ABC then display A
otherwise display nothing.
Hello @Rybicki Amanda If you want to show something from the Epic itself based on its Epic Name, you can use a formula like this:if search("ABC", epicname): field_nameif you want to display a value from a certain field as a result;orif search("ABC", epicname): "text to display"if you want to show custom text.I hope this helps. If you need further assistance or if you have other questions about Structure, please reach out to us directly at our support portal.Best regards,StepanTempo (the Structure app vendor)
Nothing displays, it stays blank when I use something similar to this below:
if search("ABC", epicname): "text to display"
@Rybicki Amanda The formula itself is correct; if it produces no values, then there are no issues with Epic Names that have 'ABC' in them in the structure, or something is wrong. If issues are indeed present in the structure and the formula doesn't consider them, then then this matter should be investigated. Please submit a support request at our portal and we'll look into it.Best regards,Stepan
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.