Hi there!
I was hoping someone would have some suggestions for an implementation of change management within Jira Service Management, specifically related to sub-tasks.
The issue I face at the moment is that in any change request I create (with key CH), each sub-task of the change is also labelled CH, e.g., CH-2, CH-3, which is not ideal for reporting purposes.
I have read other forum posts indicating separate keys for sub-tasks are not possible, and I have tried apps, such as https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216451/smart-checklist-for-jira-pro?tab=overview&hosting=cloud, which provide checklists.
This does work in some cases; however, I am unable to update (or update in a non-janky manner) individual checklist items (assignee, status) using Jira Automation and the REST API.
Does anyone have any suggestions on handling sub-tasks within Jira Service Management's Change Management in a way that won't increment the issue key and will allow for easy modification of individual tasks within Jira Automation / REST API?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Thanks!
Nicholas