Hi everyone,
I'm a PM, and one of our clients requested an Executive Weekly Reporting space in Confluence. It was initially built by another team member, and I've since inherited the project. I need help with:
- Best practices for gathering weekly updates from ten different teams in Confluence.
- One page that shows all Highlights, Escalations, and Discussion Topics from all 10 team leads, and 1 page that shows just their Escalations.
- Automating the creation of weekly pages to avoid manual setup.
Here’s what we have so far:
- A dated parent page titled "Month-Day-2024 Executive Status Report" that consolidates updates from each team lead’s child page via the Include Page macro.
- Each team lead has a dated weekly child page where they provide their updates, which include Highlights, Escalations, and Discussion Topics.
- A separate parent page titled "Month-Day-2024 Escalations" that aggregates Escalations from the child pages using the Excerpt and Include Excerpt macros.
The issue is the manual process of setting up the new week’s pages. Ideally, I would like each previous week's content to be moved under a "Past Updates" parent page, and a new set of dated pages (with Monday’s date) to be generated automatically. For example, for the week of 10/1/24:
- The 09-30-24 Executive Status Report (and its child pages) and the 09-30-24 Escalations page would be archived under "Previous Updates."
- New pages for 10-07-24 Executive Status Report and 10-07-24 Escalations would be created, with Excerpt and Include Page macros pre-set.
I've experimented with automations and labels but have yet to find a clean solution. The dated pages make things a bit too complex, and I'm considering keeping a static parent page instead. However, my goal is to streamline this process so that the 10 teams can input updates and escalations, and everything pulls into one parent page for updates and another for escalations. I’d appreciate any advice on making this less manual.