Hello everyone,
I have a bit a complex situation and I am wondering if what I want to automate is actually doable given the current functionality in the JSM Cloud.
Upfront, I am also willing to use webhooks or external API / scripting solutions if needed, but as a last resort if no other options are available.
Current situation:
- We are having an issue type, called "Upgrade Projects", where we upgrade a software to a higher version. When creating this issue one has to state to which version, which module will be updated. These are two separated Asset custom fields.
- The issue itself is connected to a customer Asset object via a issue asset custom field. This customer then has one or multiple environment, another linked Asset object. These are test and production environments.
- When a upgrade project is finished, transitioned to DONE, the productive customer environment gets updated with the upgrade version manually within the right asset object.
Ideal automated scenario:
- Instead of having to manually update the right customer environment asset object with the upgrade version, which is already available in the upgrade project issue, it should happen automatically once the issue gets transitioned to DONE.
Prerequisite:
- We do have the values that need to be automatically updated like the upgraded version, the productive environment, and which modules
- We do have a connection from the issue to the customer asset object that is then connected to the customer environment asset object.
Question:
- Is this somehow technically possible to automate this with the JSM cloud?
- Is there any automation rule that can be created that achieves the goal in automated the described situation?
- Is there a way with API / webhook/ scripting (scriptrunner) to achieve a solution for this topic?
I know this is complex, thus I really appreciate any input for this situation. Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Simon