I know what I want to do, and I know how I would do it, but as far as I can tell, "IF/ELSE" isn't an option when under a branch (Parent issue).
This automation:
If a story moves to In Progress AND conditions are met, move the parent to In Progress as well, and send an email which contains a lot of field details about the parent.
Today, that email gets sent to the initiator and 2 custom user fields, which works great. Now I want to add one of three manager groups to the email as well, based on which of 3 filters the Parent is in.
Options I see:
- Do the logic on which management group should be notified before branching to the parent, save the appropriate group name to a variable, add that variable to the CC field on the email. Would this even work?
- Save all the fields I want from the parent to variables and run the logic afterwards (please no).
- Create and maintain three separate instances of this automation, one per manager group.
- Jira lets us use IF/ELSE underneath a related issue branch.
Any suggestions?