Hello!
I created an automation rule to create a confluence page from template on a workflow status transition. The rule is running as my user, I'm an admin with full access to the confluence space as well as the templates.When the rule is triggered it fails with 403 error and I cannot find any explanation for this nor when searching the community, google or GPT. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hi @Gil Solomon Can you share the rule Audit log details to check on the error.
Hey @Yash_reddy
Thanks for the quick response, the log was quite stingy and I copied the response in my post, sharing the full picture.
Hi @Gil Solomon
Welcome to the community.
403 means that user that you used is not allowed to do that.
Can you re-check your credentials?
Can you verify if you have permission to create pages in the space where you are trying to create through automation
To confirm that you can try creating from UI.
@Yash_reddy
Yes, I'm an admin with full access to the confluence space as well as the templates. I created pages and from templates as part of trying to debug this. Everything works except this rule.
@Marc -Devoteam- Thank you for your reply.
The rule is running as my user, I'm an admin with full access to the confluence space as well as the templates. I created pages and from templates as part of trying to debug this. Everything works except this rule.
Hi @Gil Solomon Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Are you able to create a page under this parent page from UI ?
It seems that you don't have permission to create a page under the parent page, if you have permission create a page on R&D space. Give it a try from UI. If it's working from UI then it should work via Automation as well.
Try to create page without Parent and template. Is it working?
Thanks,
Vikrant yadav
@Vikrant Yadav Thank you for your response.
I'm Jira admin and and there are no permissions issues in the UI. I can create all manner of pages anywhere in this space - under Parent or in root, with\out template and all works fine.
What if you run the rule as automation user.
On the Jira project, on the pages section can you link to the Confluence space and see and create pages?
@Gil Solomon Okay, In this case, try one more thing, delete and re-add the "Create Confluence page" action . If still not working, I suggest you to contact Atlassian support once.
P.S Automation rule fails even without parent and template.
@Marc -Devoteam- Hi, already tried that, the rule was by default running with automation user and when it failed as part of debug I changed it to my user.
I tried to take a closer look here, but I'm not able to see a clear cause for this. Typically a 403 error is an authorization problem, but from what you have posted here, I can't see why you'd be getting that error. I created a support ticket on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-1043345
If you can visit the customer portal, there is also an option within the portal to grant our support team data access. While this is not required for us to troubleshoot the problem, it might be helpful for support to have this in order to access the site and recreate the problem there to better understand it.
Andy
@Andy Heinzer
Thank you fro stepping in, I visited the portal and allowed data access.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.