Hello everyone,
I’m trying to set up a JIRA automation rule to automatically update a custom field called V-Impact based on the value of another field, Time Saved. Here's the logic I'm aiming for:
- V-impact = 1 if Time Saved <= 4
- V-impact = 2 if 4 < Time Saved <= 8
- V-impact = 3 if 8 < Time Saved <= 12
- V-impact = 5 if 12 < Time Saved <= 20
- V-impact = 8 if 20 < Time Saved <= 32
- V-impact = 13 if 32 < Time Saved <= 52
- V-impact = 21 if Time Saved > 84
I’ve tried using smart values in the JIRA automation if statements, but it keeps filling the V-Impact field with an empty value no matter the value in Time Saved.
Here’s the expression I tried:
{{#if(issue.Time Saved|0 <= 4)}} 1 {{/}}
{{#if(issue.Time Saved > 4 and issue.Time Saved <= 8)}} 2 {{/}}
{{#if(issue.Time Saved > 8 and issue.Time Saved <= 12)}} 3 {{/}} {
{#if(issue.Time Saved > 12 and issue.Time Saved <= 20)}} 5 {{/}}
{{#if(issue.Time Saved > 20 and issue.Time Saved <= 32)}} 8 {{/}}
{{#if(issue.Time Saved > 32 and issue.Time Saved <= 52)}} 13 {{/}}
{{#if(issue.Time Saved > 84)}} 21 {{/}}
I would appreciate any guidance on how to correctly implement this logic in JIRA automation, or if there is a better approach to achieve this.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Gregory