We are using JSM as a way to track requests for Marketing assets (we used the project template), as we find the request portal a nice way for people to "ask" for things. That said, there are some weird JSM limitations that we run into, one key one being that we can't seem to assign 'Due date's to anything.
If I visit an issue in the project and select Configure, it pulls up the issue configuration with the 'Request form' and 'Issue view' tabs. And under the 'Issue view' tab, I can see the field "Due date" under my Context fields.
But if I look at the actual issue, the 'Due date' field does not appear under the main issue panel or any of the detail stuff at right. It's just... missing. Also I can't add 'Due date' to the Request form (I don't really want to do this, but I was trying something - anything - to get it to show up), it appears under 'Fields unavailable in the issue view' which then blathers on about custom field contexts - 'Due date' is of course not a custom field, and there's no explanation of why it can't be used.
We have a partial workaround by using a custom 'Due Date' field (not the differing uppercase), but this breaks some things, notably Plans with Timelines and Calendars and whatnot. It would actually be nice to be able to add a Timeline/Calendar directly to the JSM project rather than creating a custom one - or at least to be able to use a custom date field for calendar display rather than only the ones Jira allows us to use.
So, any thoughts? Is this just some sort of arbitrary JSM restriction, i.e. the designers thought no one would ever want to assign a Due date to a service request? Or is there some workaround?