Hey all!
So, i am trying to create a workflow that allows users to submit product ideas via an external form that then creates a new Idea in Jira Product Discovery (JPD) on submission of the form via a webhook.
So far, I have an automation that maps and brings in the values on submission to create a new idea.
The PROBLEM comes in with multi-select fields... If a users selects only one value in the multi-select and submits their form, it populates in the newly created JPD idea properly. If they select more than one value and submit, it does not. It's driving me nuts, as it should be pretty straight forward.
Thanks so much for the help in advance!
Details below:
My automation stack is as follows:
- When: Incoming Webhook
- Then, Log: {{webhookData.Brand.value}}
- And, Create a new Idea
- Summary = {{webhookData.Summary.Value}}
- Brand = {{webhookData.Brands.value}}
Results:
- If one brand selected on external form:
- Idea created & brand successfully inserted into the idea
- If multiple brands selected on external form
- Idea created & no brands are inserted into the idea

Notes:
- The only thing I can think is that maybe I have the incoming data in the wrong format? Do I need to use something like isJsonArray or isJsonStringArray? I tried these with no luck, but maybe I'm missing something.
Formstack Payload Detail:
{
"FormID": "123456",
"UniqueID": "123456789",
"Summary": {
"value": "This is a summary",
"type": "text"
},
"Description": {
"value": "This is a description",
"type": "text"
},
"Brand": {
"value": [
"Brand 1",
"Brand 2",
"Brand 3"
],
"type": "checkbox"
}
} Jira Automation Detail:

Jira Audit Log Detail:
