Hi all,
I want to add some issue types of the project. I have checked the documentation but I cannot find where is the 'Administration' page to add issue types. Also, I'm not sure where is the setting icon which shown in the documentation..
Hi Xu
You must be a Jira admin to add new Issue Types.
Go to Settings > Issues > Issue Types
Hi @Xu Ru Li
If you have the Jira Admin access, you will see the settings icon to the left of your profile icon. Confirm with your System Admin if you have the admin access.
You will see issues in the settings menu as attached.
Many thanks.
Thanks @Bhanu ! I think I'm not the jira admin but a project admin.. May I know how to add a issue type for a project/board? I want to add a 'Test Case' & 'QA' issue types for my project.. What should I do? Many thanks.
If you are a project admin, You can add existing issue types to the Project from the Project Settings --> Issue Types and add desired issue types.
Hi @Bhanu , thanks for your reply. But, I didn't find the 'Add' button for the project issue types..
Thanks @John Funk ! May I know how could be a jira admin or is there any way to add issue types of a project? Thanks again!
Your organization has a Jira admin who would have to give you that permission. Or you could ask the Jira admin to add the issue type for you. And you would be able to add it to the ski to use on your project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.