I currently have an automation set up on a JSM project that reviews inbound tickets for one of these comments:
- New date to delete DB
- Upgrade has been canceled
- Upgrade has been cancelled
If individuals comment one of those three things, either the DueDate field is updated with the new value they provide or the assignee is notified that the request is canceled (two options based on spelling).
The issue I have right now is that when the due date comes through, the first time the automation runs, it works as expected and the due date is updated based on what the users comment. The second run-through it wipes out the due date and then the tickets fall off being followed up on.
On the ones that have had their due dates wiped out, I confirmed that there aren't any comments that have "New date to delete DB: ", it's just the original comment with the originally requested new due date. I'm not sure why it's wiping out the due date value.
For ease of access, here's the due date value being used:
{{issue.comments.last.body.substringAfterLast("DB:").toDate("MM/dd/yyyy").format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}Here's the automation I have currently:
