Use Case:
- Jira Sprint is schedule to start 8/1 at 8am and schedule to end on 8/13 at 10PM.
- The sprint syncs to Jira Align via the connector and gets associated with the an anchor sprint that is 8/1 - 8/13
- Jira Align rolls that scheduled sprint end date over to 8/14
- In Jira Align, the next sprint is scheduled to start 8/14 so we get the dreaded multiple Jira sprints are mapped to the Jira Align sprint.
This error then cascades to all the sprints below and causes the mapping to fail. Until recently, the work around was to not have sprints have scheduled end dates >= 10PM, allowing for any timezone difference between the apps (come on devs this is really bad design). I would edit the Jira Sprint to end at like 8 and then force a board sync in Jira Align to pick up the change.
Recently though, it seems like sprint scheduled to end > 7PM that Jira Align either doesn't pick up the time edit from Jira or something has changed with the timezone difference between the tools (seriously devs?!) I don't know which is the problem.
In the good old days, I would edit the sprints in Jira, delete the sprints from Jira Align, force a board sync and that would at least pick up the edits. However, with the recent update, now if I delete a Jira Align sprint that has stories in it, it removes the sprints from the stories in Jira Align then syncs over to Jira and removes the sprints there too!!!!!!
I've also noticed when I look in the sprints API it seems the time has changed from CST/CDT to Zulu or UTC and even with that, the time doesn't match to what the sprint is actually set for.
I wanted to check and see if I was missing something I'm doing wrong before I open an Incident with Atlassian. It is a widespread issue with our sprint syncing so it would be a high ticket.