I've read and referenced ticket:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-set-the-right-permissions-so-Automation-app-user-can-do/qaq-p/1371186
That said, I'm still having the same issues despite applying "BetterLife's" solve for adding the atlassian-addons-project-access to both of my security levels for my project.
The workflow I have:
I have an issue type that is very locked down and uses the security level that has very few permissions assigned to it - excludes Set Security Level. I have an internal version of that issue type which uses the security level that has full permissions including set security level.
I have automations that take the issue from the locked down type -> the internal type when certain criteria is met. When those automations happen, the tickets are flow to transition and a user who shouldn't be able to see the internal ticket and its additional fields is seeing them until they refresh. To solve for that I tried to add a "Set Security Level" step to the automation BEFORE the issue type changed to the internal type.
My expectation was that the issue would no longer be visible by the user and THEN the automation would change the type and our internal people could see the ticket with all the added fields.
What I experienced was that the automation failed at the Set Security Level citing "Actor does not have permission..." and then the automation would fail before the next step of changing the issue type to the internal type.
The addons is part of both security levels.
The addons is added to all permissions in the permission scheme.
Here is the flow that is failing:





If I change the order of the automation to set security once the Issue Type is the internal type with all the permissions, then it works fine.

