First of all, I need to say that I tried to import the way several users recommended on this Forum and NOTHING worked. I wasted hours on failed attempts. I was much happier using Monday, with all its simplicity and user-friendly usability.
I have a Marketing project to manage. It has no bugs and no development that requires the complexity and advanced features of Jira. But other teams in the company use it, such as the devs.
You can understand my despair: I have 21 projects to manage in Jira Cloud and they all have the same scope and the same Epics, Stories, Tasks and Subtasks. Tasks are children of Stories, and Stories are children of Epics. There are several Epics and Stories and creating them manually is impractical. I'm going crazy with this.
What I need is:
1) Create a New Project by importing a spreadsheet that contains Items organized in this cascade form:
- 1. Epic
- 1.1 Story
- 1.1.1 Task
- 1.1.2 Task
- 1.1.3 Task
- 1.1.3.1 Subtask
- 1.1.3.2 Subtask
- 1.2 Story
- 1.2.1 Task
- 1.2.2 Task
- 1.2.3 Task
- 1.2.3.2 Subtask
2) Duplicate the project with all Epics, Stories, Tasks and Subtasks (or turn it into a Template) I need a solution that doesn't make me have to repeat the manual creation 21 times!
Can you have mercy on this humble mortal who begs for help and give me an answer that I can actually understand and execute?
Or if none of what I need is possible in Jira Cloud, please let me know. I'll use this answer to convince the Marketing team to switch back to Monday and we'll just let the devs be happy using Jira.
In this spreadsheet, the items are in a way that you can understand how the tasks are:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rp8IMRH6838iKrC7h46n9cacjOHN918HbsjE7-nR3Xo/edit?gid=0#gid=0
Thank you to anyone who can help, with all my heart!