This is a bit of a specific one, hence the keyword dump in the title.
Here's my scenario, maybe someone has run into it before.
I am writing a rule so if an agent makes an external comment on a ticket that is a Major Incident, the agent's comment is propagated to issues that are linked to that issue.
Customer-made comments and internal comments are not to be shared.
In order to not spam the agent with many "automation for Jira made a comment on this issue" emails, and for clarity on who the message is coming from, I set the actor of the rule to 'user who triggered'.
From a user perspective, it works perfectly.
For me, however - I get a 'rule fail' email every time a customer comments. Even though my first IF statement eliminates non-agent user actions, it seems like it fails even earlier than that due to the actor being the customer. I would love to make this rule not fail in this condition. I would not like to completely turn off failure notifications, in case it fails for a valid reason.
Any suggestions, wise Jira community?