Hi Jira Service Management Community,
My work team is using the Free Plan for JIRA Service Management.
We've encountered an issue with our Jira Service Management setup. On three separate occasions, we've sent emails to our Jira instance, which is linked to our own domain email address (not an atlassian email), that did not result in a JIRA ticket being generated, and these emails do not appear as an entry in the mail handling system at all. I expected I might see these emails listed with an error.
We are dependent on this functionality to manage our business workflows. Fortunately, I've picked up the automation failure, and manually re-sent the email directly from the Jira instance mailbox, and in each instance, this has successfully triggered the ticket creation.
Here are my questions:
- Could the failure to poll these emails be due to a service outage?
- I understand there's a limit on the number of automation rules per project per month using a free plan. If that's the cause of our issue, how are we notified when we've reached our limit? Where can I find this in the JIRA settings? Should we be receiving an email or notification about nearly reaching or have reached our limit by default, or do I need to set up a notification trigger for it?
- Could using our own domain instead of the atlassian domain for the Jira instance be causing our issue? What is the best practices in regard to a setup where we have linked our domain email address i.e. "customer.service@companyname.com.au" instead of "support@atlassian.com".
- Since we're using the Free plan, should we expect less than 100% delivery reliability, potentially due to being listed as a lower server priority?
Also please provide any other considerations, that I haven't listed above.
Any guidance from the community as to what could be causing this issue, would be appreciated