This is incredibly frustrating.
I am tasked to work with and determine if Atlassian is suitable for our project needs. I am using Confluence cloud as the administrator.
I'm wanting to modify how the left-hand menu functions or displays. Advice around Atlassian help points to a navigation link called Space Tools, and yet, no such feature exists.
I have looked into Space Settings, but there is no option to modify the sidebar. This seems somewhat shortsighted, because I don't really want my users looking at automation, the premium content or any navigation option that I don't want them looking at.
I have learned that there was once an option to modify the CSS, although how this is done is beyond my junior confluence skillset. But as at this post, there appears no option to modify CSS anywhere that I see. It's as if a couple of billionaires made a half useful product and then abandoned it to live in their lavish mansion with no concern for how anybody might be interested in using their software. Who ever heard of such a thing....
I have attempted to contact support, but that seems to be non-existent. I have searched all over Google and Atlassian and every instruction leads to rabbit hole after rabbit hole. The documentation is either not updated or just plain wrong. Space Tools, CSS, or good quality documentation just does not exist anywhere.
Is there a secret to editing, removing or collapsing the left-hand sidebar?
Cheers