I added the column in workflow and changed the status that way, but did not see documentation saying to do it that way. Just curious.
Hello @Vanessa Scherstrom
Can you tell us the project type you are working with; Team Managed or Company Managed, Business or Software or Service Management? That information is available in the Type column of the View All Projects page under the Projects menu.
Can you provide more information about the steps to recreate your scenario?
Do you have Jira Administrator access or just Project Administrator access?
Sure! Team managed, Jira Software Scrum board. I am just watching videos and practicing Jira and the video showed someone adding a column with a separate dropdown menu for a status for that new column. My board did not look like the video (probably updated since then) so I tried to replicate what they did and went to Project Settings > Board > Columns and Statuses and when I clicked to add a QA column it wants me to drag a status, but I don't see how to do that from here. I did it in Edit workflow instead. That worked. But I didn't see the things from the video (multiples statuses in one column and things like that.) Just learning, not urgent. This is an okay venue for that right?
Thanks for that additional information.
Can you provide a link to the video? It is possible that it is old, or doesn't apply to Team Managed projects.
Can't...its an udemy course. I guess I don't know why I can create a column and there is no functionality to "drag a status here..." when that is what it currently says in that setting. I found the work around, but I don't see the purpose of that in project settings at all. Maybe it is a company managed thing?
Thanks!
Make sure you have added statuses into the new column. There are color patterns
It says drag and drop it and there is no where to do that. I create the column and it gets a triangle with an exclamation point that says to drag a status there and there is nothing to drag.
@Vanessa Scherstrom
I think I addressed this in my last response on Aug. 8. If I haven't, please let me know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.