I am trying to create a nice overview of our roadmap using the Timeline in Jira. It would be great if I could see the estimations in the Timeline a well, but until now I am not able to configure this. Does anybody know or this is even possible?
Hi Stef,
Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Timeline feature in Jira doesn’t support displaying estimations directly within the view.
If you’re using Jira Premium, you might want to consider utilizing Plans. Plans allow you to create a roadmap view, where you can include various fields such as estimations:
If you’re not on Jira Premium, there are add-ons available in the Atlassian Marketplace that offer advanced timeline features. You can consider our add-on ActivityTimeline, which provides a comprehensive view of resource and team timelines, including the ability to display estimations.
Svitlana, ActivityTimeline team
Hi @Svitlana Samotis _Reliex_ thanks for your answer. I am using Jira premium and have taken a look at the Roadmap in Jira plans. I also saw that I could show the estimates in this view but what I like in Timeline is that I can create a roadmap based on the sprintbacklog without using the start and end dates of issues. I could not find that as an option in Roadmaps.Do you know or that is a possibility in Roadmaps?That would be a good sollution.
Yes, looks like it is possible in the Scrum board plans to show takes based on the sprint dates.
You can configure it in the Plan settings -> Inferred dates:
Just make sure when you are creating a plan to choose a board but not a project:
Regards, Svitlana
the only difference is that the timeline shows the sprint like this (see printscreen). It seems that is not something I can reproduce in the roadmap.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.