Hi Team,
In our Org analyst have been leaving the default issue type "IT Help" when resolving cases. We have hence introduced a new Issue Type called Initial Triage which will be default set on any new case being created, and at the time of resolving a case a rule will check that the Issue type is not left as "Initial Triage".
For this I have introduced a custom field called var_IssueType. This custom filed is of the type Select List (single choice) and is configured to be set with values such as "IT Help", Change, Bug. Service request etc. I have further put a rule that will check Issue Type and set the value of var_IssueType. The value of var_IssueType if left as Inital Triage will not allow users to resolve a case and present an error message to change the issue type from Initail Triage to something more appropriate.
Now before I put this automation in place which will work well for new cases, I need to need to first search for all existing Open cases in Jira and set the value for custom field var_IssueType based on the current Issue Type. Could you please assist me how to automate this bulk updation on all open cases to read their issue Type and set the value for custom field var_issuetype.
Regards,
Bhavik