I have a hyperlink that I'm using to create a new Jira issue:
both of the following URLs work correctly (the second one populates the summary field):
I would like to also be able to pre-populate the Parent issue field. Note that I'm not talking about the old parent-link or epic-link fields... I'd like to populate the new Parent issue field using the issue ID of the parent.
I have referenced the following articles without success:
I have also tried the following URL patterns wtihout success:
Hi @Brian Adkins -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
First thing, I have not tried what you are describing. With that out of the way...
Have you tried using the parent with the issue key rather than the issue id:
parent=TEST-1234
Kind regards,Bill
That worked!
https://<mytenant>.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?issuetype=10010&pid=10008&summary=This is a sample summary&parent=ABC-123
thanks for the suggestion!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.