Hi - I've read several previous answers, and I've tried all sorts of things, but I can't get the automation to add watchers. What am I missing? Greatly appreciate your guidance.
@Claudia Contreras You might take a look at this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-to-add-watcher/qaq-p/1445126
The way your rule is configured it assumes that the issue that you are creating already have child issues linked to it. Is that the case? Normally you create the parent first and then add child issues to it.
I have another automation that creates the parent and child and that has maxed-out to add additional conditions. So this automation would add the watchers to the tickets that already exist. So maybe this needs a trigger to edit the issue?
But you cannot control the order of when the automation is triggered when you use the create issue trigger. You can work around that by using the incoming webhook trigger instead in the above automation, and then use web request in the other automaton to trigger it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.