Automation to add watcher

Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald July 30, 2020

How can i set the automation to add automatically as a watcher from my group?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2020

When do you want the watcher added to the issue? on creation of the issue?

If so you can set it up as so:

image.png

It looks like you can only select individuals you cant choose 'Groups'

Phil

Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald July 30, 2020

Yes. On creation of issue and for specific request type. am ok for individual not group.

Thanks

fulya February 21, 2022

Hello Phil, do you still use this automation? I, somehow, just cannot seem to find "Add watchers" option on my account.

PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2022

Hi Fulya,

It exists for both Server and Cloud and the action is labelled 'Manage Watchers'

Like James Staudte likes this
1 vote
Rodriguez_ Jhon Ronald July 31, 2020

How about considering auto mention of your co-agent instead of adding them a watcher. Same notification via their email and portal as well.

0 votes
Michelle Logan April 26, 2022

It's only for Paid versions of Automation :( not Automation Lite 😞

0 votes
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2022

Hey Community, 

I am try to use smart values to do this but it ends with errors. 
I am using {{Manager.displayName}} 

Do I need to be using {{issue.Manager.displayName}} ??

I am trying to use the Manager multi-user-picker field to add them as watchers in automation after issue creations. 

Would it be better to add them as Request Participant by automation???

Melina Seemüller September 21, 2023

@Aaron Geister have you received an answer to this topic? I'm working on the same issue.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2020

Hi John, welcome to the Community. Have you attempted to set this up in Automation and running into an issue? If so please indicate where you are stuck. If you have not yet attempted I encourage you to do so. The Automation feature is pretty self-explanatory for the basic operations. In this case assuming you know who you want to add to the watcher field it would be something like...

trigger - when issue created

conditions - as needed to meet your needs

action - edit issue and choose Watcher

Xavier Idrovo July 31, 2020

Does this work for Server as well? 

For action - I was able to select "edit issue" but "Watcher" was not listed in the dropdown

Like fulya likes this
fulya February 21, 2022

Hello Xavier! Same here. I, somehow, just cannot seem to find "Add watchers" option.

Chris Tetzlaff May 10, 2023

@Xavier Idrovo @fulya  Adding Watcher isn't available as an editable field. After creating the issue, I added a component with New Action option of "Manage Watchers".  Is that option available for you?  There you can add (or remove) users as watchers.  I hope this helps. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

Hi @Chris Tetzlaff , does this Action not achieve the goal? Editing the Watcher list is an action independent of the Edit issue action.

IMG_1831.jpeg

Chris Tetzlaff May 11, 2023

Hi @Jack Brickey   What I posted the solution that you've shown. I was asking the two people if option was available in the version they are using as we're using the Cloud version.  I hope that clears up any confusion.  Thanks 

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events