Hey community, I could use some assistance with an automation. Here is a story for a feature:
As the product manager for a Scrum team, I would like to see a running count of the number of times that an issue is rescheduled from an active sprint into another sprint, this will allow me to analyze the average number of times different issue types are are carried over from sprint to sprint because they didn't get done.
The point is to provide insight on how accurate our sprints tend to be by automatically collecting the number of times an issue is rescheduled.
I have developed a rule which I thought would work:
- WHEN the field value changes for the Sprint field
- IF the issue falls into one of our selected issue types
- AND IF the issue matches the JQL statement "Sprint IN openSprints()"
- THEN increase the field value of the Open Sprint Reschedule Count field by 1
Here is a screenshot of the rule as it current stands:

Expected behavior: The rule would validate that the issue falls into one of the issue types AND that the issue's current sprint is an active sprint and it moves into a different sprint or the backlog (line 3).
Actual behavior: The rule only triggers when an issue is moved INTO the active sprint, moving it out of the active does not result in the rule firing.
Am I misunderstanding how the JQL condition component works? Is there a way to check the current value of the sprint field? Am I overlooking something obvious?
Thanks in advance!