I am building out a change management process for my company's IT Department for the first time. This is also my first time being a Jira admin as well as touching Change Management. I am searching for guidance from those who have been in the IT industry longer than me as well as those who have a good understanding of Change Management to build this process.
My workflow if as follows:

I have it currently designed for three separate approval steps:
- Standard (Pre-approval)
- Only require Peer review approval
- Normal Change
- Requires Peer approval and then Manager Approval
- Major/Emergency Change
- if a change request follows this path they will need Peer Approval, Manager Approval, and CAB Approval
I am trying to make this dependent on some custom field radio buttons. I would like help creating a plan to build this form out and more specifically which fields and how those fields may work together to get the best outcome.
I am curious how other companies run there change management process and how I would be able to adapt and use those ideas to better my companies process.
The two driver radio button custom fields that at the moment might be the deciding factor are as follows:
Change type:
(The above would pick the approval path)
Member Impact:
- Small Group
- Department
- Multiple Department
- Full Credit Union
(These last radio buttons are intended to add more specifics for the user to dial in exactly what there change management might fall under)
I would appreciate any advise or feedback about how to structure these radio buttons so that no matter the change i.e. Routine Patch Update, System Update, System Rollback, Changing a system, and everything in between that can happen within the realm of the IT department.