So currently I want to give access to someone new in the company. I already gave admin permission for the confluence space and every parent page. I found out the child page does not inherit the parent permission. Is this expected or is it a bug and what is the workaround for this?
Hello @Thomas A
As per the documentation below , not inheriting the Edit restrictions from the parent is the expected functionality.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-or-remove-page-restrictions/
The work around is to set Edit restrictions directly on the child pages.
Hello @Trudy P Claspill ,So basically even I gave him admin permission for the confluence space. He will not be able to view or edit restricted pages until I gave him permision one by one?
Hi @Thomas A ,
Yes, granting space or confluence admin permission will not grant view/edit permissions on the page where restrictions are set.
Admins only have a benefit have viewing all the restricted pages in a space by going to Space settings --> Manage content --> Restricted and grant access to own.
I don't quite understand 'gave them admin permissions for Confluence AND every parent page'.
Admin permissions is a space level affair. A person may have permissions to admin a space but Create page permissions is set separately. Space level permissions do not distinguish between a parent or a child page.
If someone is granted space-level permissions to create pages in a space, they can, by definition, edit any page UNLESS the page is restricted on the page level.
Space level permissions for groups and users are 'all inclusive'.
Page level restrictions are 'excluding'.
I concur with @Rilwan Ahmed
And that agrees with the statements in the referenced document.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.